A Very Christmasty Night

Thanksgiving was great; low-key and filled with family (not mine, but family nonetheless) and food.  I cooked feverishly for about 8 hours and it was totally worth it!  My contributions included stuffing, gravy, squash casserole, cranberry sauce, sweet potato souffle, and a tofurky!  Ha.  (I may have been the only one who ate the tofurky . . . but everything else was a hit!).


And the icing on the cake?  THE SAINTS BEAT THE COWBOYS! (sorry Micaela and Marianne!).  Initially I wasn't worried . . . but then the good ol' boys fired their coach and started winning . . . but we still took care of them in the end.  Close game, though!  (Needless to say, my crush on wide receiver Lance Moore is deepening).

hottie with a body

Out with the old and in with the new, though, so I'm onto Christmas now. ;)  Tonight I decided to stay in and holiday-it-up:  I'm baking these brownies, listening to this Christmas cd, and I just put up my meager little Christmas tree:



I'm considering getting a real one this year.  I haven't in the past, cause I always go home to Georgia about a week before Christmas, and my parents have trees . . . but this year I'm feeling particularly starved for Christmas spirit, decor, music, cookies, etc. :)  Please share any craft ideas/recipes/music mixes that you love!

Have most of you started shopping?  I've done a little bit, but definitely nowhere near half.  Trying to think of some good gifts for little kiddos this year!  Any ideas?