Friday I'm in Love!


Today's done a number on me (who wants to have to guide a teenager through a pregnancy test on her lunch break . . . especially when said teenager already has a 6 month old!???), but I'm gonna will myself chipper by doing a Friday I'm in Love post:


So while I'm tempted to focus on all the things I'm most decidedly not in love with (teenage pregnancy, my headache, throwing up my lunch, etc.), here's a list of things that are striking my fancy and making it all a little bit cheerier . . .


1. CHEAT DAY

In one blissful hour I'm heading over to Zero Zero in San Francisco's SOMA district to:
a) celebrate the birthdays of two wonderful co-workers, and then
b) meet up with my friend Doro for a dinner

Zero Zero's margherita pizza with buffalo mozzarella


their famous organic soft serve with olive oil and sea salt

Being really strict about what I eat makes me all the more grateful for good food, wine, and cocktails on my weekly cheat days. So excited for Zero Zero's old school cocktails and heirloom tomato salad!


2. FUNNY STUDENTS

I walk into 2nd period today and my student E.M. says to me:

"Whatsup, Snowflake?"

HA! "White girl" = offensive. "Snowflake" = hilarious.


. . .

Okay I think that's pretty much it. Sorry. Can't eke out anything else . . . maybe tomorrow. Ha.