My Baby Chicks are Leaving the Nest

Yesterday was graduation . . . such an emotional day for everyone 'round these parts.  The tears started for me at our annual "Move Up" assembly (where the juniors become seniors, etc.).  I actually made it through the graduation ceremony okay, thanks to a hilarious coworker who made me giggle through the whole thing.  Here are some pics:

me and my sweet former student, RR

 excited lil FH!

I can hardly talk about this . . .
I've taught EM for 3 years and he has come so far.
I am so proud.  And teary-eyed! 

I love this pic of my girl, D.  I'm gonna miss her something fierce.

  post-graduation celebration in front of the school


What a day!  And to top everything off . . . as I was driving home yesterday afternoon, I got a call from my boss with some exciting news: we magically got the funding for the 2011-2012 school year, which means that I have a job (!!!) and Balboa's kids with incarcerated family members will still have this program to support them.  Yay for justice!  And happy Friday to all of you. :)