Energy. And Lack Thereof.

Today I learned a valuable lesson: no Shredding before coffee.  Actually, that should be no anything before coffee.

I'm committed to getting this 30 Day Shred done in a reasonable amount of time (roughly 34 days, as I'm taking Thursdays off).  For the past three weeks, I've kept my date with Jillian Michaels every single day except Thursdays.  Today is Level 2, Day 8 . . . two more days of this and onto the last 10 days.  The home stretch is calling!  


On Tuesdays I can go into work a little bit late, because I don't have a morning class.  I slept in a little bit today and then tried to hop right out of bed and into the Shred . . . and I just couldn't.  I got a little bit into circuit one and I turned it off.  Couldn't do it!  I thought, "I'm going to do this tonight when I get home, when I'll have so much more energy."  And it's true, I will.  I'm such a night person.  And by then I will have had my coffee.


So instead, I put on my work clothes and made a Berry Green Monster smoothie.  I think this is a much better choice.  I'll tackle Jillian tonight, cause who can look at this face before having at least had a cup of coffee?



I think it's also the time of year.  May is rough for teachers.  Not to sound all "woe is me," but damn, it's when everything is culminating, and seniors are on the verge of failing and there isn't much more you can do, and final exams are within our reach, and there's the rush of semester grades due, plus packing up our offices/classrooms . . . it's exhausting.  Visions of lying on a beach with a (30 Day) shredded tummy enchant me. ;)

If you have energy secrets, tell me.  I'll take anything I can get!  

p.s. you should see what I'm wearing.  It's hilarious.  Clearly my fatigue has spread to my fashion sense, as well.  My current philosophy: grab from the top of the clean laundry pile & go! Hopefully no one will notice my polka dotted skirt, floral tank top, and cardigan with holes in it.  Ha!