Tell me your favorite Thanksgiving dish!

Yes, yes, yes, I have a lot to be grateful for, and I promise to write down and/or vocalize all those things tomorrow.  But for now, I wanna talk food!  Thanksgiving is a very important holiday in my family . . . and sadly for me, they live all the way across the country.  I haven't been home for Thanksgiving in probably ten years!  (It's so close to Christmas that it just doesn't make sense to come home twice).  And so, for years, I've celebrated the . . .

Friendsgiving

a la Felicity circa 1998.  Remember that?  It was an important one.

In any case, I still make a lot of the dishes my mama and daddy and nana and aunties make.  Here is one thing that I decidedly do not eat:


or as I prefer to think of them,

alive

Haha!  No hatin' on those of you who do eat the bird, though.  I respect tradition!  I just personally stick to tofurkey. ;)  Once, on a Thanksgiving day when we were little kiddos, my (younger) sister came up to me and announced "There is a dead bird in our fridge!"  I did not eat turkey that year.  Nor have I for the past 15 years.  ha!

But I'm still all about Thanksgiving and the delish food that comes with it.  I have two favorites, and I insist on making both of them every single year.  My daddy's stuffing (the vegetarian version, and I promise you'd think it's good!) and my mama's squash casserole.  Oh man.  

This year I am also making nana's cranberry sauce (which involves orange marmalade and crystallized ginger and pecans) and most likely her sweet potato souffle (with crumbled pecans and brown sugar on top, and absolutely no marshmallows!).  

So far on our menu:

turkey
tofurkey
macaroni & cheese
brussel sprouts
mashed potatoes
squash casserole
cranberry sauce
stuffing
sweet potato souffle
green bean casserole
pecan pie
pumpkin pie

I'm dying to know--what's on yours?  What do you have to have every year at Thanksgiving?  Are you the chef, or is someone else?  My roommate and I split duties, and our friends are each bringing a dish.  My goal is to have everything ready and in the oven by 1 pm, when the Saints take on the Cowboys!!

Happy Thanksgiving!