The Man Bun

Yesterday while I was drooling over the hotness at the American Music Awards (Usher, Enrique Iglesias, Gavin Rossdale . . .) I had a realization.

The man bun makes me weak in the knees.

Check out Gavin Rossdale, who was sporting one last night:



Now, it's partly just my generation.  I was a teenager in the 90s, which means that every single one of my boyfriends from age 15 to 21 had long hair.  Literally.  You've seen a picture of my high school boyfriend, and I could unearth pics of the three that followed him, all of whom had long, luxurious hair.

But it isn't the shaggy mane or the ponytail that gets me going . . . it is specifically the man bun.


Here are some more examples of hotties rockin' buns:

Casey James, from last season's American Idol.  He looked a zillion times hotter with the man bun than when he wore his hair down.  Man bun + drawl = xtra hottt.

RIP Heath; you sure did know how to sport the man bun.

my poet crush, Li-Young Lee--now this may not be a man bun PROPER, but I've seen him live & in the flesh with the man bun atop his head

These next two pictures are going to require a little faith.  Because while you can't see the actual man bun . . . you just have to trust that it's there.  It's just proof that the man bun looks hot from the front as well.

Hello, Orlando.  I love your locks.

Arguably the hottest man alive with the messy version of the bun.

So what do you think: Man Bun, yay or nay?  What quirky trend do you think is smokin' hot?