Love Letters

The other day, I got the sweetest letter, and it's been on my mind ever since.  It was from this girl, whom I love with my whole heart:

my sweet girl, Marie

Marie and I met when I was 15, which means she was about to turn 10.  My boyfriend was her older brother, Abe.  Abe and I both lived in Georgia, and Marie lived in Florida with their mom.  Marie and her brothers (all Abe's younger siblings) would come up during the summers and stay with their dad in Georgia.  Because their dad worked full-time (and so did Abe, for that matter), and I only worked half days during the summer in my teenage years, I would pick Marie and her brothers up at their dad's house around lunchtime and spend the afternoons with them (usually at the pool!).

Marie and I were so close--she was like my little sister--and I loved her like family.  We've stayed in touch all these years, through many moves and many boyfriends and many major life changes.  She's one of those people I know will always be in my life.  

The Addisons--Marie, her husband Derek, and their precious baby Leina--live in Korea now.  You can imagine how delighted I was to receive this letter in the mail on Monday:


Although the whole letter was incredibly sweet and genuine and lovely, one line in particular stuck out to me:

"You may not have married my brother, but you became my sister all the same."

This girl almost had me in tears!  It was so special because I feel the exact same way about her.  Her brother and I broke up over ten years ago, but she and I will always be a part of each other's lives.  Isn't it so funny how certain people come into our lives, and you just know it's going to be for a lifetime?

I love you, Marie! ♥ ♥

*side note: the only time I've ever gone camping in my entire life was with Marie!