"Healthy" Foods are Not Fun Foods

So lately I've been pretty much eating whatever I want, and since my dear friend Anna moved in, I've been drinking whatever I want. Whenever I want. Which is all the time, essentially. I am a little ashamed to admit that Anna and I have progressed from buying bottles of wine to buying boxes of wine . . . YIKES.


hello, alcoholism! nice to meet you.

But seriously, can you believe Bonny Doon makes this in a freakin' BOX?? $18.99 for the equivalent of 4 bottles--that's about a 50% discount! So, I mean, we have to buy the boxes. It's the more financially responsible choice. :)

All of this has resulted in a wine belly:

pretty sure that guy's drinking wine outta that spout

And so, I've decided to do what I always do when I'm feeling like that guy (and I have weddings and other events coming up) . . .

COUNT CALORIES.

It's kinda the bane of my existence. 1200 calories a day means that I can really only budget one glass of red wine into my day (at most). UGH. So not fun. Yesterday I ate: 2 Morningstar "sausage" links, 2 Quorn "chicken" cutlets, 1 cup brown rice, 2 heads broccoli, a Morningstar black bean patty, and one glass of red wine. Not terrible. But you know what is terrible? My snack at work today:

ugh

Help!! Tell me what you eat when you're trying to be "healthy." I'm a vegetarian, but I can substitute fake chicken for anything with chicken in it. And I love vegetables. And for the record, I'm cheating once a week. I can't let this nonsense infringe TOO much on my social life!!

p.s. All this blog post has made me wanna do is plan a trip to the Bonny Doon winery near Santa Cruz. I'm just sayin'.