Friday I'm in Love!



Even though my pulse is quickening and my anxiety is spiking cause I can sense summer speeding to a halt, I'm still so in love with these things today:

1. Brussel Sprouts


So freaking delicious. Today I sauteed them with onions and used them in a salad with field greens, strawberries, ricotta salata, and a vinaigrette. OMG--so good.


2. These brothers




3. Acupuncture



My dear friend Helen has been seeing Thuy at the Berkeley Community Acupuncture Clinic for a couple years now. She's been urging me to make an appointment for my terrible lower back, but I've hesitated . . . until today! This morning I had my first session, and I think I might love Thuy and her needles as much as Helen does. My back is definitely more relaxed after the treatment, and I'm pretty sure that if I keep it up, there will be long-term results. Also: SO RELAXING. Even if you're a fidgeter like me. Have any of you tried acupuncture?


4. Snail Mail



Lately I've been lovin me some snail mail. In the past couple weeks, I've sent out letters & cards to Marianne, Micaela, Heather, Phoenix, Summer, Kara, Lesley, Tillie, Faiza, and various other non-bloggy friends. I got a lovely reply from Phoenix this week, and can't wait to write her back again. I think I love sending letters just as much as I love receiving them . . . it's so fun, and the process of actually writing is so cathartic.


And lastly . . .

5. Summer B, the beautiful lady behind this Friday I'm in Love Series. She's darling, sweet, endearing, fun, gorgeous, so open-hearted, and an amazing Words with Friends opponent. :) I'm daydreaming of being on some rooftop bar in NYC having cocktails with her this afternoon!

Speaking of which, I'm also pretty in love with the girlfriends I'm hitting the town with tonight. Can't wait to put on my party dress and kick back with a glass of sauvignon blanc at the Beta Lounge!

Happy Friday! XOXO