Summer Stay-cation

Have I mentioned how much I adore these people?

JJ & Cari

Milo & Judebug

I met the Freitags a year and a half ago when I started babysitting for their then six-month-old son, Milo (the mischievous blonde pictured above). In that time, they've become some of my best friends in California--not only do I adore their (now two) boys, but Cari and JJ are one of my favorite couples in the world. They are funny and kind and generous and some of the friendliest people I know, and I am so grateful to have them in my life. Plus, I'm getting VERY EXCITED about the upcoming Jackson Browne concert Cari and I are going to!!

The Freitags live in Marin County (a stone's throw from San Quentin), in a beautiful neighborhood right on a . . . lake? river? inlet? In any case, it's on water, and their amazing back patio overlooks the water and Mount Tamalpais. Also in their neighborhood? A POOL! Which they graciously shared with me this week as they've been out of town. I didn't take any pics, but suffice to say it was AMAZING and I am happily sun-tired and a little bit red. :)

My dear friends Anna and Rebecca had birthdays Thursday and Friday respectively, and while a bunch of us were out getting celebratory cocktails at the Paragon Bar on Thursday night, we decided that Friday afternoon at the pool would be a perfect continuation of birthday weekend, so we all headed up to San Rafael on Friday and had a day/night of pool time, wine drinking, game playing, and girl talk. It was incredible! A perfect birthday/bachelorette experience (Rebecca's getting married next month!).

The timing of our little stay-cation couldn't have been better. My rugby player and I pretty much called it quits on Tuesday night, so a mini getaway with the girls was most definitely in order. Seems like I'm becoming an expert at break-ups. :( So over it! Nothing like good friends, a pink bikini, and some wine to yank you right out of a breakup slump, though!

Hope your weekends have been just as fun! xoxo