The technology could one day be used for communication in high-noise environments or in "silent" cell phone calls or in areas where one cannot speak out loud (Hospital theater, movie theater, meetings, etc..) or could be used by firefighters where communication is hindered/disturbed due to background noise.
In the new system, electrodes are attached to the throat for detecting biological signals, similar to what occur for a person reading or talking to him or herself. The signals, thus received, can then be converted into text or synthesized speech.
A mobile phone is different because of a smaller screen, a different keyboard and no (or sometimes an akward) pointing device. So when designing software for mobile phones, one must take these constraints into considerations. Solutions with a lot and superfloues input will not be successful. Many different keystrokes and inputs for exceptions is not a good idea. It is much better to try and deduce values than to expect entry for every value. (For instance, we assume that one primary bank account is associated with one mobile phone and does not require a client to enter a bank account every-time. Not only is it easier to input, but actually more secure - if you think about it).
Another thing to consider is when and why people would want to use mobile phones. Where the Internet works well to browse and to collect a lot of information (for instance when you want to perform a share trade and graphs and information about previous transactions are important - it is probably more suitable to perform these transactions via the Internet). On the other hand people tend to use mobile phones to do a specific transaction only (send a text or make a phone call). Banking transactions in this mould is therefor ideal candidates for mobile banking. (We tend to offer different types of payments of the ability to purchase stuff as typical banking features on mobile phones).
Also consider the typical mobile banking customer. This person often don't have access to the Internet, is very capable in using the mobile phone, but is also time and cost sensitive. It is important to design banking transactions with these customers in mind. Easy to use, low cost, yet powerful and quick transactions are typical candidates.
The dock is capable of powering a laptop eight hours a day, five days a week for a month. A minature version is under development which can power a laptop for more than 15 hours on a coffee cup's worth of fuel. This new innovation is designed for Samsung's Q35 ultraportable laptop, the docking station contains a 1200-watt-hour fuel cell.
Using 80-nanometer process technology, the new chip is at least 20 percent thinner than existing chipsets that use up to two 512-megabit chips, and it uses about 30 percent less power.
If 2006 was the year of video, then 2007 will most likely be the year of mobile. But a lot of barriers still stand in the way (the carriers, compatibility across hundreds of devices), and it seems less likely that we will see the " YouTube of Mobile " - a startup that comes from nowhere to take the crown. Instead, we’re seeing launches like YouTube Mobile and MySpace Mobile - existing networks moving into the mobile domain.
The $2.99-a-month MySpace Mobile service will let Cingular users post photos, blog entries and comments to their MySpace pages, as well as send and receive email. Other MySpace hallmarks such as video, extensive graphics and advertising, won't be available.
The move shows how borders between the wireless Internet and the regular Internet are beginning to disappear as cellphones become mini entertainment devices, allowing users to take pictures, browse the Web, watch video and play music.
The name Yugma is a word from the Sanskrit language meaning "the state of being in unified collaboration." Yugma, Inc. is a privately held venture-backed company headquartered in Minnesota, USA and has offices in Minneapolis and India.
You'll enjoy complete, simultaneous use of a shared desktop:
* Share your information, present your ideas
* Invite up to 10 people
* Collaborate with your community
* Works with both Windows and Mac
* Highly secure and reliable
The BBC plans to make hundreds of episodes of its popular British television programs available on a file-sharing network for the first time. The move follows a deal between the commercial arm of the company, BBC Worldwide, and the Java-based BitTorrent client technological firm, Azureus. Until now however most of this content traveling through P2P networks was illegal.
BBC wants to change that and make it viable for people from around the world have access to their programming. This means that users will be able to download popular shows like: Little Britain, Red Dwarf, League of Gentleman, Doctor Who and Fawlty Towers no matter where they are for a small fee. What’s most impressive is that the BBC isn’t going to just dip its toes into this project but is instead going to offer hundreds of shows from the very start.
This gives the service a much better chance of taking off and becoming successful. Previously, BBC titles found on peer-to-peer file-sharing networks were bootleg copies. But now the file sharing means that users of Azureus` Zudeo software in the United States can legally download titles
BBC Link : Click Here
This is what we have implemented for one of the biggest mobile operators in developing economies. MTN banking is a new generation bank that enable any-one to open a bank account directly on a mobile phone. Oh, you would say this is a play-play bank account. Yet, this is a fully flexed with all functionality bank account. Some of the features that the bank account provides for is the following:
a. A Mastercard credit card linked to the bank account with the ability to withdraw cash at an ATM or purchase goods at any Mastercard outlet.
b. Full EFT capability to enable debit orders and batch payments into the bank account (including SWIFT transactions). You could get your salary to be paid into this account for instance.
c. Full (and advanced) Internet banking where you could move money around and check statements any place in the world. You could also do advanced things (like schedule recurring payments etc.) However, you would need your mobile phone to log into the bank site.
d. On the phone you could send money to any-one else to their existing bank account, their phone or their credit card (in real-time) and with immediate confirmation via text message.
e. You could switch your card on or off via your mobile phone. Amazing feature if you have lost your card and then found it again.
f. By using the phone you can send statements to any fax machine or authorise your personal information to be faxed to some-one (for instance to authorise a debit order with a company)
g. You could pay bills, purchase airtime and pre-paid electricity directly off your phone.
New generation banking, made possible because of the unique characteristics of the mobile phone, already deployed and utilised by more than a 100 000 subscribers. Go and check it out www.mtnbanking.co.za
We always prefer wireless devices over all the hassel of wires. Even technology is moving ahead towards wireless age, bluetooth is one of them but it deteriorates battery life. Kleer Wireless Audio is a much better product to choose as it offers ten times the battery life of Bluetooth and also perfect audio with no wires hanging around. The architecture was originally designed to communicate lossless CD-quality digital stereo audio over a robust 2.4GHz radio link.
Kleer’s solution is compatible to all your audio devices including iPod, home theater setups and top-end car audio equipment. It is currently available for sampling and is working with OEMs to implement the technology in their devices with its mass production starting in first quarter of 2007.
Agere has come up with a portable storage device for the cellphones with a name that is difficult to get "BluOnyx".
The device is a sort of small HDD in your hand but it could be better if somehow fitted it with the cellphone, as it will not be hassle free to carry two devices(cellphone and BluOnyx).
The amount of data that you can store in this device ranges between 1 GB to 40 GB. This 85 x 54 x 6 mm devices price ranges from $100 to $250. It works this way get your data loaded in this via Bluetooth, SD card or USB and then when you want to play it on cellphone it will relay it to your cellphone via Bluetooth.
Janus Friis and Niklas Zennstrom invested part of the money they made from selling Skype to eBay last year in developing the new product called ‘The Venice Project™ “ They idea is to combine the best things about television with the social power of the internet – so this was a project that gives viewers, advertisers and content owners more choice, control and creativity than ever before.
Some 6,000 individuals were already testing the service in beta mode. The peer-to-peer technology used by the service, would make it possible to serve "tens of millions of users" while overcoming content owners' security fears. The service will be able to display high-quality, full-screen video on a computer screen. For more details on the project check out http://www.theveniceproject.com/
With the deployment of Mobile banking solutions during 2001, many analysts expected mobile banking to end up as another type of Internet banking deployment. Many bankers expected mobile phones to provide just another "channel" to customers to access the Internet Banking portal. As a matter of fact I have heard many an IT architect in large banks talk of the convergence of channels to be supported by only one means of interacting with your bank. This was of course a big misconception, because mobile banking is fundamentally different to Internet banking and because of the following reasons:
1. The banking alert services that grew to be a major driver of mobile banking in many countries cannot be effectively implemented in an Internet banking paradigm. It is just not possible to send SMS confirmations to Internet users.
2. The security implementations possible with mobile banking is much more advanced (especially if the SIM card is utilised). This is because mobile banking security can be based on keys or certificates - the holy grail of electronic banking very difficult to implement with Internet Banking. The notion of carrying your banking keys in a device that you have with you all the time (your mobile phone) is extremely powerful and enable the deployment of new types of banking solutions never before possible.
3. The immediacy of mobile phones and the fact that it can probably be utilised anywhere (very few places do not have mobile phone coverage), allows for new types of solutions. Some of these solutions can be implemented in conjunction with existing banking operations. (E.g. allow clients to change a PIN on the phone after an ATM transaction, allow clients to block a credit card from a phone, enable a client to authorise access to personal information from the phone etc. etc.)
4. The best mobile banking deployments utilise message-based implementations (rather than session-based implementations which is prevalent in Internet banking). This architecture leads to significant differences in what is possible and how service is to be delivered. I will discuss this in more detail later on.
However, the biggest difference is the access that mobile banking have enabled to banking that have never been the case before. Internet banking enabled people to access their banking electronically only if they had been banked before, whereas mobile banking is leading to a revolution where people are being banked who never had a banking relationship in the past. This is largely because of the utility and functionality that is now being made available to people with cell-phones (which is much more than people with access to the Internet)
1. Right-click on this link and copy it to the clipboard. It won’t do you any good to just click on the link, you need to actually copy it to use later.
2. Go to http://get.live.com/getlive/overview in Internet Explorer and click | Sign Up | This maynot work in Firefox, suggest to use IE.
3. Paste what you just copied in step 1 into the address bar and press enter to execute it. The script adds a | Live.com | option to the drop-down menu of domain choices.
4. Fill out the rest of the details and you’re all set!
Hopefully Microsoft will release these email addresses to the public soon but they will probably wait until Windows Live Mail is officially released. So you better hurry and get the address(es) that you want before all of the good ones have been taken and they shutdown this trick!
We like the fact that Yahoo offers such a huge video of free music videos, and now that catalog is easy to search and navigate, too. Very nice. Link: Music Video
Nokia: 3230 / 6260 / 7610 / 6600 / 6620 / 6630 / 6670 / 6680 / 6681 / 6682 / n70 / n90
Panasonic: X700 / X800
Samsung: SGH-D720 / SGH-D730
UnlockMe! is a software that will allow you to recover the "Unlock Code" actually configured in your mobile phone.
You have to install and run the software on the phone and after some minutes it will communicate you the "Unlock Code" actually configured in the Phone
This program it's usefull only in these circumstances
- You just bought a 2nd hand mobile but you don't know it's "Unlock Code".
- Or, you forgot the "Unlock Code" because you didn't use that option for a lot of time.
If you "find" a mobile phone that during startup asks you to insert the "Unlock Code" you will never be able to get the code using this program
On 12th December we have launched Skype 2.2 Beta for Windows Mobile devices. It support now Smartphone"s and has enhanced support for Pocket PC devices.
Now available for Smartphone"s powered by Windows Mobile software, as well as Pocket PCs, including those using lower-power processors, the latest incarnation of Skype software further extends Skype use beyond desktop or notebook computers.
Key features and benefits in Skype 2.2 for Windows Mobile beta include:
* NEW: Support for Windows Mobile smartphones and more Pocket PC devices;
* NEW: Enhanced today/home screen: presence status, event notification (missed calls, new chat messages and voicemails);
* NEW: Proxy support: Supports regular HTTP or HTTPS proxies, and authenticating HTTPS/SSL and SOCKS5 proxies
* Skype calling features: Free Skype-to-Skype calls, support for SkypeOut, SkypeIn™, voicemail and call forwarding;
* User-friendly look and feel: As easy and familiar as using Skype on a computer;
* One-click Skype access: A Skype icon on the home screen lets users view and call contacts easily;
* Multi-person chat: Users can have multichat sessions using animated emoticons. When mobile users are offline, chat messages will automatically update the next time user logs in;
* Enhanced contact list: Users can see their contacts avatars and mood messages;
* Profile personalization: Users can take a picture with the camera on their mobile device and immediately update their profile.
Stopping programs from running at start-up is especially daunting because there is no single place you can go to halt them all. Some run because they're in the Startup folder, others because they're part of logon scripts, others because of Registry settings, and so on. But with a little bit of perseverance, you should be able to keep them from running.
* Start by cleaning out your Startup folder. Find it in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Start Menu\Programs\Startup, where username is your Windows logon name. Delete the shortcuts of any programs you don't want to run on start-up. As with any shortcuts, when you delete them, you're deleting only the shortcut, not the program itself. (You can also clear out the start-up items by going to Start > Programs > Startup, then right-clicking items you want to remove.)
* Next, clean out your Scheduled Tasks folder. Go to C:\Windows\Tasks, and delete the shortcuts of any programs that you don't want to run automatically on a schedule.
Note: You can bypass all the programs in your Startup folder on an as-needed basis. To stop XP from loading any programs in the Startup folder, hold down the Shift key during bootup. No programs in the Startup folder will run, but the items will still remain there so that they will start up as they would normally the next time you boot.
PeerBox is a peer-to-peer file sharing application for mobile devices.
PeerBox allows searching for video, pictures and music files in open P2P networks, downloading the files onto the phone and sharing the files with other users.Supported devices
Nokia:3152, 3155, 3155i, 5140i, 6060, 6101, 6102, 6111, 6131, 6152, 6155, 6155i, 6165, 6230i, 6233, 6234, 6235, 6235i, 6255, 6265, 6265i, 6270, 6280, 6282, 6611, 6630, 6680, 6681, 6822, 7260, 7270, 7370, 7700, 8800, 8801, 9300, 9500, N70.
According to Napster its catalog will be available to O2 Ireland"s 1.6M subscribers through NTT DoCoMo"s i-Mode, through Ericsson. The launch will be the first for Napster Mobile in the European market. Napster said that it will be expanding its service to WAP- and Java-enabled handsets early next year. Ericsson will host, integrate, and manage the operations for O2.
more info available at
GRPS Class 10 / EDGE
262144 Color TFT Screen(QVGA, 2.3”)
1.3 Megapixel Camera (CMOS) with Flash
Touch Screen / Touch UI
Video Recording & Messaging
Bluetooth v2.0 EDR/USB v1.1
TV-output / Speakerphone
Photo Imprint / Pen Memo
Mobile Printing (Bluetooth/Pictbridge)
User Memory : 54MB
External Memory : microSD
99 x 49 x 14.6mm / 82g
- Talk time : Up to 230 minutes
- Standby time : Up to 350 hours
GabMail(TM) and GabJam(TM) are an exclusive ability to thread video messages so that each video in a conversation remains available with a single click; a collaborative and viral component that can speed messages around the globe in minutes; and the most secure video email architecture available. According to CEO and co-founder Mark Lipsky, GabMail(TM) is catching on with a broad range of users from around the globe.
1. create logmein account
2. login to your account and add your computer through “Add Computer” option
3. install necessary free application for your PC
4. leave logmein running and PC connected to the web if you plan to acceess it from outside
5. sign in into your account on the logmein.com from anywhere and remote access service should show your pc’s screen in the browser.
6. make sure to logout once you are done
As long as you are on braodband, it should perform smooth and without much delay. In addition to free option company also offers ‘logmein Pro’ which has more features but requires payment. If you want to check it out, a 30 day(or 120 minutes) free trial available as well. Pro version has following features;
* Remote access
* File Transfer: Easily move files between PCs
* Remote Printing: Lets you print remote documents locally
* File Share: Easily share large files
* Guest Invite: Lets you share your desktop for remote collaboration on some tasks
* File Sync : Synchronize files
With all the talk about Microsoft's stepped up efforts to curb piracy through Vista's new activation methods, it seems that the OS is running in to its own security problem. Cracked copies of Windows Vista started flooding the internet soon after the operating system was released to manufacturing and ahead of its official release. Existence of the crack was first reported by Australian technology publication APC on 8th Dec, and now all the news source have confirmed it.
Windows Vista must be "activated," or authorized by Microsoft, before it will work on a particular machine. To simplify the task of activating many copies of Vista, Microsoft offers corporate users special tools, among them Key Management Service (KMS), which allows a company to run a Microsoft-supplied authorization server on its own network and activate Vista without contacting Microsoft for each copy. The 'MelindaGates' hack allows users to download a VMware image of a KMS server which activates Windows Vista Business/Enterprise edition. So this happens without alerting Microsoft.
Simply connect the this gadget (myvu personal media viewer) to a portable media player such as the Apple iPod with video or Creative Zen, or to a portable dvd player and watch your favorite music videos, movies, podcasts and other broadcasted or downloaded entertainment while you are on the move. This product is designed by the US based MicroOptical Corporation
MicroOptical"s myvu personal media viewer, universal edition, can be used with many media devices with a video out port. It’s the ultimate solution for viewing broadcasted and downloaded entertainment on a variety of devices.
Official site Link: http://www.myvu.com/
Also they continue to add more features to this tool (http://www.streampad.com/newfeatures)
1. Flv Converter: This tool helps to converts YouTube videos to various formats like .AVI, .MOV(for MAC), 3GP(for mobiles). This tool is designed by SGRA Corporation as a part of vixy project. Link: http://vixy.net/flv_converter
2. Videodl(beta): VideoDL is a quick AJAX application that allows you to download online video into your computer. It supports top 3 video sites - YouTube, Google Video, and Break.com. Simply copy the link of the page with video and paste it into the textbox. Click "Get It!" and follow the instruction. After you have saved the files into your harddrive.
3. Feeling tea(beta) : This tool works fine with GoogleVideo, Youtube, Putfile.com, Blip.tv, Break.com , ThatVideoSite, Current.tv , Vidilife.com, Videocodezone.com, Videocodes4u.com, Sharkle.com, Streetfire.net, Revver.com and Lulu.tv
Friends, if you know more tools that does the trick.. do post it here for otheres to refer
OK, lets go the Cingular website (ringtone section) Click here
Now First of all, find the ringtone you want (Music Tones/Voice Tones/Sound Effects/Polyphonic) then follow the below steps.
1. Preview the ringtone, easy just click the speaker icon.
2. A new pop-up window will appears. Now, right click on this window and select "View Page Info"
3. Select the "Media" tab, and the third URL (Type = Embed) is the link to the preview file.
5. Just rename content.wma to the ringtone"s name. ... Thats it!!
P.S. make sure you mail this post to your friends.. Enjoy!
The phone is currenty available in China. The slick 14.5 mm thick phone features 2.4" (240 x 320 pixels) TFT display with 262k colors, a 2.0 megapixel camera with 8x digital zoom, CIF and QVGA video recording, FM radio and built-in MP3 player with dedicated music keys, 8MB of memory, SD card slot for up to 2GB of extra memory, Bluetooth, USB 2.0 and a 3.5 mm stereo jack. The phone will be hitting India next by 2Q of 2007. The MOTOROKR E6 comes with Motorola's award-winning business-card reader software, taking the hassle out of staying in touch by conveniently creating and sharing contact information.
Its new features include :
* Batch downloading
* Clipboard monitor
* Added Dailymotion.com
* Proxy support
* PSP format support
Just unzip all the files to a folder in your hard disk. Both vdownloader.exe and ffmpeg.exe must be in the same directory. Otherwise, videos won’t be properly converted.
The device, powered by Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0, uses the new mobile protocol called HSDPA, or high-speed downlink packet access, that provides faster downloads of video and streaming music. The download speed is designed to be as fast as those provided by ADSL, or Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line, used in homes.
Running on Windows Mobile 5.0 with Direct Push Technology, the Ultra Messaging i600 instantly updates the mobile versions of Microsoft Office Outlook's Email, Calendar, Contacts and Tasks when synchronised with Exchange Server 2003 SP2. In addition to its push email capability, users can view Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF and image formats including BMP, JPEG and GIF with Picsel Viewer.
With two integrated digital cameras (1.3 megapixels in the back and VGA in the front), users can also conduct 3G video calls from the phone. Built-in Pocket MSN offers consumers a separate Inbox for Hotmail messages on their device. They will also be able to view their buddy list and chat instantly with their contacts, whenever and wherever they want.
Have you ever tried to copy the contacts database from one S60 based phone to another? Perhaps using a PC suite or SyncML? Perhaps you have noticed that something was missing in the end? No problem, with the Contacts Transfer application you can copy the entire contents of the contacts database includig thumbnail images and caller groups from one phone to another via bluetooth, infra-red or a memory card.for more detailed information.
S60 1st or 2nd Edition
S60 3rd Edition
Rapidshare has been an excellent tool for sharing large files. Recently users have discovered ways of bypassing the download limits and skipping the waiting time. Here are a description of these methods.
1. Goto the page you want to download
2. Select FREE button
4. Click OK
5. Click OK to the pop-up box
6. Enter the captcha
7. Download Your File
2. You can use a bookmarklet to stop your wait times:
1. Open IE
2. Right Click On This Link
3. Select Add to Favorites
4. Select Yes to the warning that the bookmark may be unsafe.
5. Name it "RapidShare No Wait"
6. Click on the Links folder (if you want to display it in your IE toolbar)
7. Click OK
8. You may need to close and reopen IE to see it
9. Goto rapidshare and click the bookmarklet when you are forced to wait
Users can also create their ideal wiki on the site and then see which wiki comes the closest to matching their needs. So do check out this service... http://www.wikimatrix.org
Enjoy the tour!!
AOL Video has decided to spread some holiday cheer by giving away over 30 free movie downloads for one day only on Saturday.
Several of the titles are, appropriately, Christmas movies such as National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation and Jack Frost, but there will be some non-spirited ones available such as Spiderman 2 as well. The free offering begins at 6:00 a.m. Eastern Time and customers are limited to one movie per person, but not one per computer. So this Saturday be prepared...