Monster Pride

Soooooo since the other day I talked about how crazy they are, I figured I better also give credit where credit is due.  I have talked about the absolutely mind-boggling (and infuriating) West Memphis Three case before, and I just gotta brag on my lil monsters that they've seriously rocked the project I assigned around the case.

They've written letters to the Arkansas Supreme Court voicing their opinions about the case . . .

expressed themselves through poetry . . .

created posters to educate others about the West Memphis Three . . .

proven that the mixtape is far from dead . . . 

as well as created pamphlets and "business cards" to hand out to folks, written newspaper articles about the WM3's new hearing, made phone calls to the state Supreme Court, and written letters to each of the three wrongfully incarcerated young men (Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin, and Jessie Misskelley).  I'm a proud mama hen!

Also:  My student Eddy has a blog for the independent study he's doing with me around capital punishment.  He only posts once a week, and he's excited to be learning (and teaching!) about the death penalty.  But when I nudge him to post more often and put more effort into his blog, he says "But Ms. Kiefer, you're my only follower!"  What do you say we fix that?  Care to follow a teenager's journey to learn about capital punishment in the U.S.?  He'd appreciate it. :)

here's his blog:  Death Row in America

Thanks, y'all!