Jingle all the way?

It's December 1st, y'all!  Which means that watching cheesy Christmas movies and listening to Christmas albums in the kitchen is totally acceptable now.  And Christmas cards!  I'm so excited.  I've already bought mine and can't wait to write them and send 'em out!

Last night I celebrated December Eve by knitting a scarf and watching Home Alone 2: Lost in New York. Have I mentioned the massive crush I had on Macaulay Culkin as a kid?  My childhood BFF Susanne and I took pictures of ourselves with just a scarf wrapped around our (non) chests when we were around 11 or 12 and mailed them to Macaulay.  Ohhhhhh childhood fantasies.  Gone awry. ;)

And then my sister and I saw him in a tiny coffee shop in London once!  I stared into my latte and nervously debated saying something but just couldn't bring myself to bust out with "Hey Macaulay!  My Girl changed my life!  I am Vada Sultenfuss!"


the golden days

sometimes good things go very wrong

In any case, it seems all I want to do is rock out to Xmas tunes and watch festive movies.  And beg y'all for gift ideas since my brother-in-law and stepdad are so dang hard to shop for!

But there is one thing stopping me.  This, ladies and gentlemen, is a just-snapped picture of my desk:


And it's not even finals yet.